A Commitment to Supporting Teachers
Smarter Balanced provides teachers with the tools and resources they need to do what they do best—teach.
NEW! The Smarter Annotated Response Tool (SmART), is a new resource to support educators' understanding of how student writing is scored on Smarter Balanced assessments. Educators can use SmART to explore how different responses are scored across the grade levels and writing purposes to understand deeply how the rubrics are applied to each student’s response. Interactive annotations guide the way!
Our website, Tools for Teachers, features lessons and activities to enhance instruction, save time in lesson planning, and boost student learning. And the best part is we went straight to the experts—teachers—to create and review the resources.
Resources in Tools for Teachers include:
- Formative assessment and accessibility strategies that are effective across grades and content areas
- Professional learning resources to help teachers get started
- Links to interim assessment items and sample test questions that are integrated into resources
Explore Tools for Teachers Resources
Tools for Teachers resources include:
- Tips for getting started including Overview, Learning Goal, and Success Criteria
- A step by step process for implementing the resource
- Embedded accessibility strategies
- Strategies for how the formative assessment process is incorporated
- Attachments for materials the resource relies on
- Explore the What's Your Angle? resource here!